Special Job Requirements
This is a virtual position. Volunteer will be required to work remotely using their own resources, with regular meetings with supervisors scheduled via Zoom, Skype or similar video- conferencing software.
Flexible work hours will be required, as meetings with supervisors will generally occur in early evenings (after 5:00 pm
The Waterloo Region Rainbow Coalition (WRRC) is a volunteer-based community association that acts as a central hub for the local Rainbow community. WRRC brings together various stakeholders from across the Region. Our emphasis is on building partnerships and working collaboratively to meet the needs of the Rainbow community.
The WRRC is looking for an experienced volunteer to assist with grant-writing and shepherd the organization toward incorporation.
This is a volunteer position and would be considered part-time. This position is unpaid, though it is hoped that funds may be able to be raised to provide successful candidates a stipend for their work. WRRC prefers candidates who can start as soon as possible.
WRRC is willing to work with volunteers to add work tasks should they wish to have the position count as a co-operative education work term.
The Governance Coordinator will be required to:
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Display adherence to organization’s mission
- Document and maintain organization’s history and programs
- Identify grant funding opportunities
- Write, submit and manage grant proposals
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents
- Investigate and summarize options for incorporation to the
- Develop formal documentation to support incorporation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong computer application skills, particularly in Word,
PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
including proficiency with written and spoken English
- Evidence of appropriate interpersonal skills, a strong sense of
professionalism and ability to be accountable for tasks
- Strong organizational and document management skills, an
ability to manage time efficiently and keen attention to detail
- Experience working with confidential information
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle multiple
- Comfortable working independently, as well as within a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong people skills
- Prefer candidates that have a demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the LGBTQ+ community
Please send all applications to email@example.com with the Subject Line: “Application for Governance Coordinator”.
Customized cover letters outlining why individuals are interested in this volunteer position are required.
Interviews will begin once a sufficient pool of applications from qualified candidates are received and will continue until the position is filled. Given limited resources, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.