Minutes July 10, 2012

Present: Jeremy, Ali, Jim, Karen, Deardra, Vanessa, Heather, Thomas, Bruce, Mike.

Regrets:  Sue


1)    Creating Facilitator Position on the Board of Directors

– A decision was made to bring a “Speaker position” to the board. This would be a non-voting position, unless there is a tie amongst voting members. This position will be created to facilitate all meetings of the executive.

– A draft outline of duties will be submitted for the next meeting



– Jeremy to send out for vote with regards to whether the chair who will set the agenda or the “speaker”.


2)    Directors at Large

– Voting members appointed Deardra and Karen as acting Directors at Large

– Jeremy to research to draft position of a fundraising position on the board

– There are the following open positions on WRRC board: Membership Director, Fundraising Coordinator, Directors at Large


3)    Finances/Treasurer

– Karen is meeting with Rob on Wednesday. Thomas will be in contact with Karen.

– Deardra mentioned the transition of Treasurer Position, need to have that board member with Bonded certifications and police checks. This relates to insurance costs being inflated as a result of a potential candidate acting or replacing and existing Treasurer and not being bonded.

– Deardra shared updates with start-up costs for the Community Space related to phone, internet, office supplies (Printer ink & paper, pens, paper). Draft budget(s) of the community space start-up costs (1) and cost related thereafter (2) to be submitted to the board for next meeting or ASAP?



– Sue to update website for upcoming WRRC fundraising event at Sizzle in October.

– Sizzle to set up donation boxes in their venue for this event. Donations are for WRRC. There will be no receipts.

– Mike, Jeremy, (Ali?) and Heather to discuss the structure and strategic plan for donations. As well a membership structure.


Meeting ended at 9:00pm


Next meeting:

July 24, 2012

Rum Runner Pub




Future agenda items:

– Approve meeting minutes from June 26, 2012

– Community Space status update

– Constitution discussion